As I knew I preferred the look of Chinese characters to any equivalent way of writing, I started to experiment with magic markers re-creating characters in my own style. After drawing the first few, I started to develop my way of thinking by seeing what it looked like if I did some bigger and smaller to make it more interesting to view.
After doing so, I stood back and looked at it from a distance and thought it looked like a level on a game or some sort of weird terrain. I went with my first instinct for what I thought I should add to it, so I added stick-men doing whatever came to mind.
This was a good exercise for me, and kept me interested. Also, not knowing what to draw has always been a struggle, but by saying I will draw whatever comes to mind first eased this pressure and I had some fun with it.
No comments:
Post a Comment