Thursday, 22 March 2012

Project Intent

My experimental practice work is based upon the idea of Chinese typography and how this can be utilized to create something fresh and exciting. My reason for choosing Chinese typography is that after living in China and studying Graphic Design, I thought it would be an interesting journey to attempt to merge the two. At the moment my work is very paint based - this is because I love the effects that you can achieve with this medium, however I have some on-going pieces in which I have branched away from this method, and have experimented with chance and pattern, but this does need some more work.

How I expect to deliver my work at the moment is a series of canvases in which you can slot together, to either look at 'the big picture' or the separate sections. My aim is to have an ongoing message throughout.

Time Schedule:

By March 23rd: A range of experimental practice within my work, heading on to further exploration.

By March 30th: Further exploration completed, starting to plan final work and have a draft learning report.

Ongoing work over easter.

By April 20th: Ongoing work on final piece.

By April 27th: Finished final piece, going back to look at learning report.

By May 4th: Learning report work ongoing until hand in.

Obviously this is what I feel is achievable at the moment - it could be that things change slightly depending on where my further exploration takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment