Wednesday, 14 March 2012

Inspiration

As inspiration for my impending experiments, it was necessary to research old Chinese typography, this is Japanese however, I feel that it is still relevant to what i'm looking at. The main thing I was looking for was how text was used and in what way, what was its function and purpose, and why it had been done in the way it had.

http://www.designer-daily.com/meiji-era-typography-600

Information on the written language:

http://www.atissuejournal.com/2009/05/28/typography-in-china/

Experimental Chinese font video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Igr9vHtBXxc

This video really speaks to me in that in order to be effective and send a message it doesn't have to be complex. I like these ideas, and I feel that I can apply a different view rather than how i'm looking at experimental typography now.

Typography Process book:

http://www.slideshare.net/jacksonchoi/chinese-typography-process-book

This has some really nice ideas, as i'm trying to break away from my graphics mindset - it's good to look at.

Joseph Ku:

http://kudesign.co.nz/tag/chinese-typography/

8th Picture down - really like the pictorial nature of this, takes Chinese font back to its original sources which is good to see, whether it has evolved too far into something new now i'm not sure, would people understand? they possibly would, or they wouldn't have to, big cultural differences.

No comments:

Post a Comment